Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Embracing the Natural Beauty of My Gray Hairs

I noticed my first gray hair when I was 25.  I am now 31 and feel like they’ve been spreading like wildfire.  My hair and I have what you would call a love hate relationship.  When it’s behaving, I absolutely love it.  I’m fortunate in that my hair can be curly and easily straightened.  Unfortunately, most of the time my hair likes to be curly in the back and straight in the front.  It has always been a somewhat drab color too.  Not exactly blonde but not brown either.  I think they like to call it ash blonde.  So naturally I stared dying my hair probably when I was 16 and my hair is now feeling the effects of it.  Of course back then I didn’t have these pesky gray hairs, so dying it wasn’t always a need.  Now that I’ve been dying it more often my hair is getting drier and drier.  So I’ve made a decision.  I am going to embrace the natural beauty of these gray hairs and let them be.  I am no longer going to dye my hair!!   With this resolution I have been sitting here thinking up some herbal oil treatments for different hair types.  So keep an eye out for them in my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you are a brave soul. I have contemplated going natural a few times, but just can't do it! For one, my sweet hubby, who is 4 years older, has not a single gray. Humf. I'm not sure if I'm ready to look like his mom! lol Maybe in a few more years I'll take the leap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully I only have a few right now that stand out. The rest kind of blend in. So I'm hoping by starting now, the gradual change over won't be so bad. Here's to hoping:)

    ReplyDelete